Monday, March 18, 2013

The Fledgling Watercolorist Strikes Again!

~

On the Phone, 6"x4" watercolor on Canson wc block.

I really should practice this medium more. Terribly handy and seemingly more logical, to my mind anyways, than oil. I mean, since painting is built upon drawing, and drawing starts with lights and goes darker, I had to "learn backwards" for oil painting, putting darks first and building up to lights. I recall it through me a bit at first. But wc is more like drawing in that regard; you have to leave the lights and work in the darks. You'd think it would come more naturally to me. Maybe if, like I said, I practiced more.
This I reckon will be my second entry for the March Virtual Paintout. A screen cap of my Street View you can see in the previous post.

~

5 comments:

Russell Duffy said...

I like this. It sort of shimmers with an almost 'Med' light about it.

A.Decker said...

Ah nice, thanks CJ. S'posed to be Lithuania. Is that close enough?

;-)

Russell Duffy said...

It'll do just fine.
:-)

Damião Vieira said...

Hello A. Decker, alright!!
I liked the way it was seeking the last foreground of the photo, and transport for the main theme ......

A hug in friendship

A.Decker said...

Damiao,

Thanks very much.

Hug to you, too.